My Blog List

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Goodbye Summer


Goodbye Gina's pregnancy....hello Eli

Goodbye picnics

Goodbye garden and your presents




Goodbye shorts and funny clothes
Goodbye hiking

Goodbye camping

Goodbye lakes

Goodbye color


Goodbye adventures


Goodbye "finding" treasures
Goodbye flowers


Goodbye clear skys

Goodbye parks

Goodbye BBQ's

Goodbye Kittens

Hello books, rain, jackets, cold, darkness, clouds and blankets......I can't wait till next summer.....

4 comments:

DancingScott said...

No...We don't have to say "goodbye" to ALL of that! Hiking in the gorge is better because of no weekend crowds, and winter has it's own beatiful colors. And there are adventures year-round! Now we can say "hello" to: catching up on movies, making popcorn and watching DVDs, going out to see live theater and sketch comedy, focusing more on artistic and crafty projects, etc, etc...

woodenheart said...

come to AZ! we're dusting ourselves off and coming out of our air conditioned caves to say HELLO to perfect weather, hiking, camping, adventures, colors, etc. I really enjoyed your pictures and the concept of this post.

Erin and Eddie said...

Ditto what Lani said about the content and concept. AND Ditto what Scott said about winterland adventures. . .ahem, sledding, pie parties, hot-apple-pies, muddy football (this year!), white furry jackets that people attack you for, you playing guitar in Eddie's Christmas band, fuzzy hat you love, showers and baths to stay warm, bdays at the cabin, puddle jumping, dark mysterious photographs, and maybe some bears.

Marcy said...

You definately made the most of your summer! I love that you get out and do so much and have so much fun. I for one can hardly wait to say goodbye to Summer and I welcome Fall with open arms! (One of these days it will get below 90)