Thursday, August 27, 2009
Oneonta Creek...Columbia River Gorge
While looking for a new adventure online, I came across vague directions to a hidden waterfall off of Oneonta creek in the Columbia River Gorge. With a couple of friends I spent two days trying to find this waterfall. The reason this place took so long to find was because the trail turns out to be the creek itself.
This water trail up the creek was one of the most beautiful hikes I have ever been on.
The trail is perfect for a hot Portland summer day. There are plenty of swimming holes along the way.





After a couple of miles hiking through the canyon the creek opens up to a huge overhanging rock wall.
Behind the waterfall is a cave with a firepit inside. I don't think I could camp out in there, it was kinda creepy.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's really cool. I have no idea where this is. I know there's the in-the-canyon hike right off the highway, which I've done before. But this looks like something else. Good for you for sticking to the effort for 2 days to figure it out.
Post a Comment