My Blog List

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Oregon Coast

I love hiking around the Oregon Coast.

The grass lands here almost touch the water at high tide. I like to walk barefoot in the cold sand to exfoliate my worn feet.

Outside of Nahalem Bay is a recycling center/thrift store. They had lots of cool old stuff, I bought some camping gear. In front of the store there is a recycled garden made from items dropped off at the center. Here were some of my favorites.

Water plants in an old bin.
Bed of Daffodils.

and a rusty old bike with plants in the basket. Cute!

This "pink" pond was on the side of the road headed towards Fort Stevens. The color was so bright and odd I had to stop to investigate.

It was hard to tell where it came from. There was no "pink" in the trees or on the ground or at least there wasn't anymore.

I scooped some up...

It was thick, dense and full of seeds.


The mystery still remains of the "pink" pond.

Latitude and longitude of the lighthouse at Cape Disappointment in Washington.


Cape Disappointment was anything but disappointing.
The "Bridge to the world" formally known as the "Bridge to nowhere" connects Astoria, Oregon to Point Ellice, Washington. The bridge is 4.1 miles long and crosses the Columbia River.

It looks like it disappears in to nothing on a foggy day.

Barges on the Columbia River.

1 comment:

woodenheart said...

these pictures all seem very mysterious.