My Blog List

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Playing Roller Derby

I have been playing roller derby for over 4 years now. Since most of you have never seen me play or have never seen the sport live I thought I would share with you some of my favorite photos.
November Pain AKA Erin (my best buddy) is one of Rose City Rollers finest skaters. This is a photo of her on the bout poster which means she also was on a t-shirt. Its funny, sometimes I see people walking around town with this shirt on. It makes me happy!


This was my first bout poster as Paradise Kitty. I never expected to see a photo of myself hanging on a wall at an art show. Especially a picture that was about 4 by 5 feet. Thank Goodness it was in black and white.

The track we skate on.


Warm ups, right before the game.

Getting my name announced.

This is the number one reason why I play. To get to hang out and exercise with my friends 3 days a week. This is November Pain and Rocket Mean aka Erin and Kim.
My team in front of our fans.

My infamous LLLLLLL turn.

I sometimes take out girls with a fast hit.

My skate broke in this photo and I landed with my rear end right on my wheels. My butt was black and blue for over a month. I had to sleep on my stomach for a week, this was one of my worst injuries playing roller derby. OUCH!!!!


Sometimes I take some hard falls. Here I am recovering from a bad hit. I sat out the rest of this game.

I love blocking an opposing player while at the same time whipping my jammer right on by.


Warm ups lead by November Pain with me close behind.

Blocking an opposing teams jammer. Is using your arm pit legal????


Rocket Mean helping me block by pushing me into the opposing jammer.



...........

No comments: